Friday, December 16, 2011

I'm Going on a Snowy Holiday

I a so excited! In exactly one week I will be winging my way to JAPAN! It's Christmas time and because I work  at a Christian school I get 10 days off!!

My parents have had a snowy Christmas before, (I believe they were in NYC in 1975 (?) when there was a blizzard) but i have never seen snow for Christmas. Christmas Day for me is sunshine, beaches, cold cuts of meat, fish on the BBQ, cold drinks and the smell of bushfires.

That's all about to change though because this year I will be in Hakuba, near Nagino. Yay! The actual plan is to fly into Tokyo, drive 5 hrs to Hakuba and meet my parents at our lodge, just in time for Christmas Eve dinner :)
The map of Hakuba...EXCITED!
We're going to spend 5 nights in Hakuba, 3 days snowboarding and 1 day on a tour of a nearby castle where we can see snow monkeys!

We are moving to Kyoto for our last 4 nights in Japan, my parents love Kyoto and stayed in the centre of Gion (the ancient and traditional Gesha area of the city) when they were there last. We're staying at a different hotel but it is still right in the centre of Gion. I am so excited!

I am looking forward to eating at my Father's favorite tempura restaurant, seeing Nijo Castle, and going to the beautiful Fushimi Inari-Taisha. If we have time I'd love to see the Kyoto Manga Museum too but it might be something I do on my own :)

I really miss my wonderful parents when I come away, and although I only saw them 6 weeks ago, it will be wonderful to catch up with them again. It's going to be a Christmas to remember! 

No comments:

Post a Comment