Sunday, August 7, 2011

My Recent Mini-Breaks

 Last weekend my friend Janice and I went to Thong Pan Noi beach on the North-Eastern side of Koh Phangan. It was glorious! It was fantastic to see Janice again and to relax on such a beautiful beach. We spent 4 days swimming, sunbaking, eating beautiful food including lots of fresh, local seafood and getting massages.
The beach was full of families and couples, no loud drunken backpackers. There were a few lovely restaurants which we checked out and a great cafe serving espresso coffee and fresh croissants, perfect for post swim breakky! What a fantastic little get away.
Janice on Thong Nai Pan on Koh Phangan
Me and my new fave drink, fresh green coconut

Janice took me to a fantastic restaurant called Luna for my birthday.
We ate delicious food including a warm duck salad and fresh grilled prawns. 

Janice and I outside Luna, where we ate 2 times because it was just so great!

Cocktails on the beach...

Janice at Luna with our yummy tasting plate 

Janice and I enjoying our second meal at Luna

The beautiful grilled fresh caught local  red snapper we ate at  Luna.

Coconut panacotta with fresh mango 

Thong Pan Noi beach...beautiful

Thong Pan Noi beach

Janice and I stayed at a great resort



It seems as though it's been a month of holidays for me. In mid July Jane and I went to Koh Samui for a little holiday. We stayed at a beautiful resort called Lovely Lipa on Lipa Noi beach. The weather was perfect, we spent both days lazing on the beach.
Lipa Noi Beach on Koh Samui


An early morning beach walk at Lipa 


The beautiful shrine at our hotel

The garden of the hotel, so lush

Jane and the pesto we bought at tesco on Samui...mmmm pesto

No comments:

Post a Comment